Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC)
- Thursday, 17 January 2013
What is PVoC?
PVoC is an inspection and verification programme carried out on goods by appointed inspection agents in the country of export. Verification of compliance to technical regulations and standards is provided for in Article 5 of the World Organization (WTO) Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT). PVoC was designed in accordance to the provisions of Article 5 of the TBT Agreement and in compliance with the notification requirements of WTO.
The objective of PVoC is to minimize the risk of unsafe and substandard goods entering Ugandan and protect consumers against dangerous, shoddy and substandard imported products.
- PVOC Minister's press release at resumption of pvoc June 2013
- Important notice to all used vehicle exporters to Uganda
- Categories of goods covered under PVoC
- Detailed List of products subject to PVOC
- Goods exempted from PVOC
- Schedule for Compulsory Uganda standards as of January 2014
- Benefits of PVoC
- PVoC inspection procedures
- Appointed PVoC Agents
- Applicable PVoC inspection fees
For more information, please contact:Ms Linda KoberePVoC Desk Officer
Tel: +256 414 505 995Mobile: +256 702 728 042