4th May , 2023
UNBS, in collaboration with USAID and Feed the Future sensitised school owners and administrators in the Education sector about mandatory requirements for food products to guarantee health and safety of learners across the country.
"We want to encourage you to continue demanding safe, quality and certified food for the learners, because it is cheaper to save a life than save money" said the UNBS Executive Director, Mr. David Livingstone Ebiru.
UNBS has facilitated standards compliance by;
- Decentralising testing services
- Offering advisory services to associations
- Simplified & translated standards to local languages
- Reduced certification cost by over 70%
- Worked with sponsors to cover MSMEs' certification costs